How about getting your day off to a Spicy Start?
- 8 green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Step by Step
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add rice, and saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Add corn, peas, green onions, garlic, cumin, and oregano, and saute 1 minute.
- Spoon tomato paste in 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add enough boiling water to make 2 cups, and stir to combine.
- Pour tomato paste mixture into rice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with fork just before serving.
Toast with Walnut and Pear Breakfast Spread
- 1/2 cup low-fat, low-sodium cottage cheese
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 2 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Place cottage cheese in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Stir pear and walnuts into cottage cheese.
- Spread cottage cheese mixture on toast.
We think this recipe is divine. What are your thoughts?