This week, we will be featuring Mexico on our blog to honor our Mexican followers and anyone who loves Mexican food and culture. Enjoy!
How about getting your day off to a Spicy Start?
- 8 green onions, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Step by Step
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add rice, and saute 3 to 4 minutes, or until beginning to brown.
- Add corn, peas, green onions, garlic, cumin, and oregano, and saute 1 minute.
- Spoon tomato paste in 2-cup measuring cup.
- Add enough boiling water to make 2 cups, and stir to combine.
- Pour tomato paste mixture into rice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat, and fluff with fork just before serving.