It is almost lunch time on the East Coast. What are you having today?
Smoked turkey stands in for corned beef in this lightened variation of a deli favorite. Serve with a pickle wedge and chips.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 (1-ounce) slices reduced-fat, reduced-sodium Swiss cheese (such as Alpine Lace)
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fat-free Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- Spread about 3/4 teaspoon mustard over each bread slice.
- Place 1 cheese slice on each of 4 bread slices.
- Divide turkey evenly over cheese.
- Top each serving with 2 1/2 tablespoons sauerkraut and 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Top each serving with 1 bread slice, mustard sides down.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 sandwiches to pan; top with another heavy skillet.
- Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden; remove sandwiches from pan, and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and sandwiches.
Recipe and Image borrowed from: http://www.allrecipe.com